Saturday, February 2, 2008

Happy Birthday Henry! (Again I am a little behind the times)



December 20th Henry turned 3!

I went down to the springs that night and celebrated with Henry, Cole and Sarah.
We had fun and I made him a chocolate funfetti cake and we had a great time eating it. Both Cole and Henry like to get messy while enjoying their chocolate.

What a big boy! I am so amazed that three years has gone by since you were born. I still remember flying out to Oaklahoma on Christmas day and enduring the drive throught the endless plains all the way to Ft. Sill. I kept looking around thinking I would see Indians on horses off in the distance. The whole way I kept wondering what in the world you would look like, what your little personality was like. I remember walking up those steps and seeing little tiny you with your bald little head with just a bit of fluffy blonde hair and your wrinkly little old man face.The whole time I was there I just stared at you in amazement trying to wrap my mind around the fact that you were really my sister's little baby boy.

I have loved watching you grow in into a crazy, fun, smart, happy, active little man. I love your curiosity. I love your smiles and laughs and your big blue eyes. I can't believe how many questions you can ask or how sharp your memory is. I love how much you love to be with people. And well I love you!

Lets see some of my favorite Henryisms are:


(pointing at anything remotely hot and shaking head with stern look on face) "Don't touch it's hhhhhotttt"

"Joy...."

"Yes Henry"

"I love you... can I have some of that?"


"Someday when Cole is big and strong like me and daddy, I am going to teach him how to sing."

"I loooove chocolate" (You can never start them out too young in my family)

No comments: