Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Christmas Update

The processional song at our wedding was an old hymn "Come Thou Fount" redone by David Crowder Band. I remember driving down 295 in my car early one morning heading home from school and this song came on. I froze as I let the music wash over me. I felt the Lord's presence right there in my care saying this is the song that he wanted in our wedding.

Well, I had another moment like that for this letter. I have begun this letter so many times. I have even decided a few times to not even write it. But still I am nagged by the need to write it.

I woke up early one Sunday morning plagued with anxiety over a rather large doctor’s bill we received in the mail that Friday. My heart was downcast..."not another fight with the insurance company" my heart cried out. So, like a good christian girl I distracted myself with checking my email and catching up on friend's blogs. When there, in the midst of my distractions, I heard a song. Someone had set the music on their blog to another David Crowder Band song; "Never Let Go". I froze, and let the music wash over me.

"When clouds veil sun

And disaster comes

Oh, my soul

Oh, my soul

When waters rise

And hope takes flight

Oh, my soul

Oh, my soul

Oh, my soul"

Oh, my soul, my heart, my Creator was speaking to me. This past year has been a tough one for Alex and I. I feel a bit ashamed even saying that because I know we are so blessed and there are those out there who have it even tougher. But I do not want to cheat the Lord out of His glory for what he has done in our lives this past year.

"Ever faithful

Ever true

You I know

You never let go

You never let go

You never let go

You never let go"

And that my friends is what the God of the universe has done in our lives this past year. He has never let us go.

“Oh, my soul
Overflows
Oh, what love, oh, what love
Oh, my soul
Fills with hope
Perfect love that never lets go

Oh, what love, oh what love
Oh, what love, oh what love
In joy and pain
In sun and rain
You’re the same

Oh, You never let go”

So, dear ones, we present to you our Christmas Update.

May you have a blessed Christmas as we celebrate the coming of the baby who came into this world and never let us go.

Much love,

Alex and Joy

No comments: