Saturday, December 8, 2007

Our Tree


So in keeping with my family tradition of getting a tree the weekend after Thanksgiving, Alex and I put up our first Christmas Tree together the Saturday after Thanksgiving. We chose a fat little guy that fit perfectly (with a little furniture rearranging) into our place. Since I have not retrieved my collection of ornaments from my parents house yet, we went out and bought decorations for the tree. This year's themes...red and gold and fruit.We are still looking for a star. I think we will get one of those tin cut-out ones. Although I think the tree looks great without a star Alex really wants one. I have to say that sitting by the Christmas tree all glowing and cozy is one of my favorite things to do during the Christmas season. Somehow the beautiful glowing tree makes me slow down and actually reflect on the true meaning of Christmas. I am so thankful that our saviour came into the world to save a sinner such as I. And nothing makes the house feel as cozy as a beautiful tree.
In fact the night we put the tree up we spontaneously had a bunch of friends over for dinner and after much rowdy talking, eating and catching up all 9 of us plopped down on a bunch of pillows and blankets and watched Elf. What a fun night and a great way to start off the Christmas season. I am also including some pics of the decorations I am beginning to put up. I hope that everyone is enjoying their traditions, family, friends, and Christmas preparations this time of year. Remember to take a few moments sit under the glow of the tree lights and thank the Lord for being the reason for this season.

No comments: